Hello Fellow Educators. Is your classroom technology infused?
Click on the link and take the quiz. http://quizlet.com/24699478/10-principles-of-the-learner-active-technology-infused-classroom-flash-cards/
A technology-infused classroom
is where the focus of learning is centered on the student. The classroom
environment fosters collaboration among peers and increases the level of
student engagement. The use of technology does not replace learning, but is
simply a tool to increase or enhance the learning that takes place in the
classroom. It is misnomer to think that proven methods are to be discarded. Strategies
that have worked in the past are still to be used, but the teacher modernizes
the application of the methods with the use of software programs or other
hardware at their disposal. For example, instead of students physically going
to locations to complete a budget assignment for Econ Class students they can
complete a budget web quest and virtually shop and explore grocery stores,
cars, banks, and apartments. Technology-infused classroom provide opportunities
for students to make connections to what they are learning in the classroom to
what they experience or will experience in the real-world.
The millennium student’s world is a global one and in order to
get students to "click-in" and not tune out, I must continue to push
myself to enhance my lessons with the proper application of digital media and
technology. While the Smart board provides opportunities for presentations to
be enhanced with digital media. I must also provide more opportunities for
students to determine how they want to present the finish product in my class.
My students actually are more technology-savvy than I am and if I allow them to
take what they learn and then apply it in the method of their choice I give
permission for students to take ownership of what they are learning. Students
will also dig deeper because they are doing something that interest them, thus
I am getting my students Instead of just writing a script or lyrics to a song
they could create a You Tube video or record it using software. Perhaps I could
connect with a classroom in my district and through collaboration allow
students to discuss the assigned topics on a bi-weekly basis through video
conferencing. I am generation X teacher still learning how to make learning
relevant for the millennial generation, but I am enjoying the ride.
No comments:
Post a Comment